Holiday Graham Crackers Your Whole Family Will Enjoy
If your kitchen helper is anything like mine, they love graham crackers, especially scratch made. In order to keep up with the demand, prepackaged classic graham crackers are always on hand too, but it’s fun to bake them from scratch every now and then. I have used a few different recipes and wanted to try the below recipe for a holiday version of this classic treat. Sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on the top also adds a fun holiday feel to your everyday graham cracker. Mix it up, have a few a with and a few without since you never know which will resonate with your kitchen helper the most.
The dough is easy to mix up and will need some chill time. Your kitchen helper can help pour all of the ingredients into the stand mixer, roll out the dough and cut out their favorite shape. With only a few minutes to bake you will be enjoying this afternoon snack in no time. Even Santa might like a few. Enjoy the holidays!
Recipe Source: Baked From Scratch
- 1 Cup - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup - Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons - Honey
- 1 Tablespoons - Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon - Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1 Cup - All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 2 Cups - Whole Wheat Flour
- Using your stand mixer with paddle attachment, pour in the butter, sugar, honey, molasses, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking soda
- Alternately pour the whole wheat flour and the all-purpose flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined
- Once dough is formed, roll out 1/8"-1/4" thick rectangle between to pieces of parchment. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and carefully transfer onto a parchment line baking sheet. (the cookie are easier to remove and transfer is they are close to 1/4" thick) Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar if desired
- Once oven comes to temperature, bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until brown.
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic toddler, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 7 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her toddler and enjoying a good cup of coffee.