Crunchy Olive Oil Sea Salt Crackers
I’m always looking for a salty snack and these four ingredient olive oil sea salt crackers satisfies this daily craving. I recently posted my homemade New England Clam Chowder recipe (recipe here) and this cracker made the dish even more delicious. Making the crackers were a perfect afternoon activity for my kitchen helper and I. There are two important steps to the whole process, chill for an hour in the refrigerator and rolling out a walnut size amount of dough as thin as possible. This will ensure a crunchy cracker.
There are so many opportunities for your kitchen helper to get involved. These opportunities consist of mixing ingredients, kneading the dough, rolling out the crackers, brushing the olive oil and finally sprinkling sea salt. Essentially they could make the entire recipe with just some help from you, which is why the recipe is worth a try.
Enjoy theses crackers as an on-the-go snack, with your favorite soup or on the side for lunch and dinner. They make any good meal great!
- 2 1/8 Cup - All-Purpose Flour (250g)
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup - Water
- 2 Tablespoon - Olive Oil
- In a large bowl mix the flour and baking powder. Create a well in the middle
- Pour the water and olive oil, mix. Combine, transfer to a clean surface and knead until smooth, (5 minutes)
- Wrap in a clean towel and place in refrigerator for 1 hour
- After 1 hour heat oven to 450°. Place parchment paper on 1-2 baking sheet, set aside
- Lightly flour a clean surface and pull off a walnut size of dough. Roll dough as thin as you can. If the dough bounces back, it needs to warm up a bit
- Transfer dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat until you fill 1-2 baking sheets
- Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Brush with olive oil once you remove them from the oven. Enjoy
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic toddler, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 7 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her toddler and enjoying a good cup of coffee.