Baked Pumpkin Donuts With Vanilla Glaze
Inspiration for the recipes I make with my kitchen helper comes from many different sources. Most recipes are based on food that he is enjoying at the moment and requests that we try to recreate a certain food at home. The recent graham cracker post is a perfect example of this inspiration source. Traveling to different locations also provides new food experiences and ingredients to incorporate once we are back home. Of course I always love to bake recipes that my mom would bake for me as these are nostalgic and they allow us to discuss memories of my mom.
This post was inspired by a recent Curious George episode which had George ordering 100 dozen donuts instead of 1 dozen that the Man With The Yellow Hat requested. My kitchen helper watched this episode countless times over the following weeks after it aired so baked donuts was the answer. I love making baked donuts because they typically utilize minimal equipment to mix up the batter and they bake in under 15 minutes. I actually made these with him with the donut episode playing in the background and he was enjoying a baked treat while watching the episode again 30 minutes later. We have made many baked donuts recipes for the blog and they are always a hit with the whole family. Choose your favorite and bake with your kitchen helper today!
Baked Funfetti Donuts
Baked Gingerbread Donuts With Ginger Cinnamon Glaze
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts + Video
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
Baked Beignets Dipped in Chocolate
Baked Pumpkin Donuts with 3 Toppings
Recipe Adapted From: A HappyFood Dance
(This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links)
- DOUNT BATTER
- 2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup - Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons - Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1 Cup - Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup - Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup - Milk
- 1/4 Cup - Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup - Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons - Milk
- Preheat over to 350° degrees. Spray your donut pan and set aside
- With your hand mixture, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda
- Next add the eggs, milk and butter. Combine
- Fill a ziploc bag with the batter and cut the tip off one corner. Pipe the batter into each well of the donut pan about 1/2 way
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool
- While the donuts are cooling, use a small bowl to mix the glaze. Sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Dip each donut and set back onto the cooling rack to set up.
Nicole is a professional photographer, mother to an energetic toddler, and founder of Make and Taste. She has been a Commercial, Editorial and Lifestyle photographer for 7 years and has been published in various magazines and brand websites. Nicole is passionate about providing her child with meaningful experiences and documenting all of the fun along the way. You can always find her baking with her toddler and enjoying a good cup of coffee.